The 4th Annual Free Thinking Film Festival
October 31st - November 3rd, 2013
The full schedule for our upcoming festival is now online here.
Here's the trailer.
This year's festival features four major evening events with private receptions and over 20 films, panel discussion and speakers.
The four evening events are:
Festival passes are only $80 ($40 for students) and individual events start at $12.00
You can buy your Festival pass
You can also buy a pass just for
Saturday, November 2nd or a pass just for
Sunday, November 3rd.
We Need Your Help!
We will be covering some major topics in 2013 - brainwashing in our schools, multiculturalism in Canada, Anti-Semitism, the status of women in the Muslim world, and many other important issues. Our
4th Annual Free Thinking Film Festival 2013 will take place between October 31st and November 3rd. To keep up our ambitious schedule, we need your help. No one else in Canada covers some of these controversial issues.
Even a small donation can help us to continue providing important events that no one else would even consider. Thank you very much.
How You Can Help....
We have now produced two documentaries. In 2011, we put our first self-produced documentary, "This Hour Could Have 10,000 Hours: The Biases of the CBC" - which shows how the CBC is biased against Israel and biased against conservatives.
Last year, we put out "Environmental Lunacy" a fun documentary on the craziness of the environmental movement.
For a donation of $50: We will send you copies of our two documentaries. If you already have them, they make great gifts.
For a donation of $100: We will send you both DVDs and a copy of Bruce Bawer's new book: "The Rise of Identity Studies and the Closing of the Liberal Mind".
For a donation of $250: We will send you both DVD, Bruce Bawer's book, and 2 free passes for the 4th Annual Free Thinking Film Festival 2013.
For a donation of $500: We will send you both DVDs, Bruce Bawer's new book on The Closing of the Liberal Mind, our amazing Free Thinking Film Society baseball cap, a DVD of the film "The Red Chapel (about North Korea) and 3 free passes for the 4th Annual Free Thinking Film Festival. Don't forget - a festival pass makes a great gift.
Please make your cheques payable to the Free Thinking Film Society (don't forget we are a not-for-profit corporation), 39 Birch Avenue, Ottawa Ontario K1K 3G5.
I also want to thank our many volunteers who have worked hard to make our events work. The Free Thinking Film Society is a not-for-profit corporation that pays NO salaries - we are 100% volunteer driven.
If you like what we have been doing, please consider helping out. We're also looking for more volunteers, and for help in marketing and management.
Free Thinking Film Society
What a Blast!
I want to thank everybody who attended the 3rd Annual Free Thinking Film Festival 2012. It was our most successful festival yet.
Here are some of the highlights:
Our Most Successful Festival Yet!
- The amazing film, Death By China, and the great panel discussion after the film with co-producer Greg Autry. It was very hard to listen to Jennifer Zeng, a survivor of a Chinese Labour Camp.
- The big audience for "Walking With Destiny" about Winston Churchill. It was great to have Ron Cohen, the President of the Winston Churchill Society here to open the film.
- A packed house to see "Free China" and hear more of Jennifer Zeng's story. Not one member of the audience supported the NEXEN takeover in a straw poll after the film.
- Bruce Bawer's hilarous talk about identity studies - funny only because it is so hard to believe. If you haven't bought a copy of his book, "The Victim's Revolotion: The Rise of Identity Studies and the Closing of the Liberal Mind", then go out and buy it immediately. We have copies for sale.
- It was great to see Martin Gladstone, producer of the film "Why Is It Hate?" answer questions about his battle against Queers Against Israeli Apartheid.
- Tuvia Tenenbom's great presentation on anti-semitism in Germany today.
- My big joke during the weekend was that this is probably the most depressing festival in the world. There were tears about North Korea, tears about Islamist Indoctrination, tears about China, tears about terrorism - but it's important to realize that we are all in this struggle together.
- The incredibly moving stories told in "The Rescuers", Michael King's film about diplomats who saved Jews during the Holocaust. And, what an amazing Q&A with Michael after the film.
- And, who will ever forget our tribute to Raoul Wallenberg - what an evening - a great film, Floralove Katz's great voice in song, and the latest research on Wallenberg from David Matas.
I want to thank everybody who attended, and all our terrific volunteers for making this year's festival such a success. I am truly blessed to work with some amazing people and I hope that next year's festival will be even better.
Free Thinking Film Society
How to order our Documentary on the CBC
"This Hour Could Have 10,000 Minutes: The Biases of the CBC" covers CBC bias against Israel and against conservatives.
Included on the documentary are my opening comments from our event at the 2nd Annual Free Thinking Film Festival on November 13, 2011, the documentary (49 minutes) and our panel discussion about the film.
Included on the panel are Brian Lilley from Sun News, Mike Fegelman from HonestReporting Canada, Stephen Taylor from the National Citizens Coalition, Eric Duhaime from Le Journal de Montreal, and David Krayden from the Canadian Centre for Policy Studies.
To order our DVD, please send us a cheque for $22 (HST included) and $2 for postage to The Free Thinking Film Society, 39 Birch Avenue, Ottawa, Ontario K1K 3G5.
You can also purchase the DVD through Paypal by going to this link.
We also have a bonus DVD of extra clips about the CBC that will be sent out to anybody donating $50 or more to the Free Thinking Film Society.
Copyright © 2013-2014 Free Thinking Film Society.
All rights reserved.